Monday, August 18, 2014

Major Assignment - Week 1 Concepting

*Sonshine Concept art by Brad Craven

Last week we started the major assignment which will fill up the rest of the year, I will be working on a project called Sonshine, which will be an exploration based occulus rift game exploring the strength of relationship between mother and son.

Since starting I have been working on concept art for the game, something I hope to complete this week, after stopping to get a test environment up.

I started by doing a bunch of value thumbnail sketches, which I have yet to develop but it gave me a better feel for it.


I then worked on a map for the test level:

and then I did a couple of concept images for the Log Cabin and Gazebo.



I then started sketching objects that are likely to be in the scene to get a feel for the shapes and forms, before going into concepting.





I then got to work creating a test environment for the first level:





and here is the Unity Webplayer build of the test environment if you'd like a look around:


No comments:

Post a Comment