Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Major Assignment Week 2 - Terrain Assets

This past week, I have been working on Terrain Assets, specifically tilable textures for the Terrain, as well as some rocks and the Light Fruit.

Light Fruit

The Idea behind the light fruit is a star like fruit that is sort of the goal of the game to collect and feed the child, its a transition point for the level.

Concept:
After a few different concept sketches this is what we ended with:
I had it modeled and textured but I had saved in a poorly chosen location and those files appear to have been lost and it appeared I didn't backup to usb.  Its a good opportunity to redo though as I wasn't entirely happy with how it turned out the first time.

Rocks
Modeled and started to texture a number of rocks, but got sidetracked into better learning the terrain tools in unity.

Terrain Textures

After spending some time getting more familiar with the terrain tools in Unity 4, I Determined that it would be a good idea to get the tilable textures for the terrain done and went to work on this:
 

Most still need some work but I wanted to get something in place so the terrain can be painted, and I can just update the file rather than having it grey or having to repaint.  I'll probably leave them as is until we can have a good look at them through the occulis rift.

Since getting that done over the weekend I started on the base terrain for the game,  which I will cover in the next post.  However you can get a sneak peak at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment