Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Prototyping Week 2 - Human Bowling

Week 2 we started working on a new game idea, this one was a ten pin bowling game, though the twist is that the player is an Alien and the pins and ball are humans.

My assets for this exercise were the Bowling alley, grinding machine, the human pins and a skydome:
The Bowling Alley:







I've been playing with a more alien themed textures for it but it hasn't really been working out for me:


The Grinder I repurposed part of the steam turbine I created for the Environment Assignment and rehoused it, I unwrapped to the texture map for the steam turbine to save time texturing:

This was the place holder for the grinder:






The human pins I created the pin costume, and then modified the base mesh from my character assignment, the head and hands from my character assignment.





The pins are going to rag doll so the rig only needed to be simple.

Yesterday I started work on The Sky dome:

I started out trying to do a skybox:
Back:
 Bottom:
 Front
 Left:
 Right:
 Top:
as you can see above I had started work to blend between the edges, but coming across a skydome tutorial online I decided that it would be easier for the short deadline for this exercise:



No comments:

Post a Comment